Tuesday 19 July 2011

Skipton Sheep

It's true, I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred -  I love the Dales; it's in my blood and pumps all the way through me. 

I like to think that my heart is nestled between two wonderful Yorkshire towns:- Ilkley and Skipton.
Ilkley is where I was schooled and where I now spend most of my time and Skipton and the Yorkshire Dales is my heritage.

My wonderful Grandad was born in a picturesque little hamlet to the North of Skipton called Kirkby Malham.  I'm proud to say that I can trace my family back several generations to Kirkby Malham and the surrounding area, and I think this goes a little way to explaining why it feels so right for me to be settled in this part of the world.

In honour of this I have asked the brilliant Kate Thornton to create one of her amazing map decoupage prints just for Nora's.  

As we already have our 'Ilkley Cow and Calf' print, we would now like to introducing our very own 'Skipton Sheep'

Skipton Sheep
Exclusive to Nora's

Some may know that Skipton has a long and significant history and it's name actually comes from the Saxon word for 'Sheep' - hence our little sheep!

The colour I have chosen for the background is 'Yorkshire Dales National Park' green and is the same colour they use in their logo.

I have to say, I think it's just lovely and I can't wait for them to arrive with us!

1 comment: