Wednesday 6 July 2011

Sunlight on Closed Lids

A couple of weeks ago a lovely lady called Kate came in to Nora's; with her rainbow coloured umbrella and red shiny shoes she asked if we would like to take a look at her illustrated cards and pictures.

Now, I have to confess that I'm not an easy person to impress when it comes to illustration and I do have very specific taste however, it wouldn't be an understatement to say that I fell completely, totally and utterly in love with Kates work.


Her bold colours and imagery from a bygone era create such a wonderful nostalgic feel that you couldn't fail to be delighted to receive one of her cards from a dear friend or loved one.  The brightly coloured envelopes she uses are enough to make you smile before you even see the card.

 


As for her fabulous prints, I can't wait take this one home and give it pride of place in my living room.

1 comment:

  1. They are great!!! Love them - down to earth sayings with excellent illustrations.xx

    ReplyDelete