Thursday 2 February 2012

I love you more than chocolate...

When I discovered Katie Dobson's 'upcycled' antique silver cutlery at the end of last year, I have to confess I desperately wanted someone to buy a piece for me...  Despite several 'hints' I am still waiting, but hopefully Valentines Day might provide the necessary encouragement!

My other half LOVES chocolate so I will be more than chuffed if this one appears in my cereal bowl on the morning of the 14th February!



And for the serious romantic...

Katie is based in the Cotswolds and all of the silver cutlery she works with is antique and sourced here in the UK, with some pieces dating back as far as the 1920's.  She then hand hammers a special message into the spoon face to create a wonderful keepsake that the recipient will no doubt treasure forever.  

Each piece shows evidence of its previous 'well loved' life and the hand hammering means that they are all slightly different.

We currently have a lovely selection of different ones at the shop with more arriving soon for Mothers' Day:-

                                        



Prices from £13.00

No comments:

Post a Comment