Thursday 1 March 2012

Hello Miss Daffodil!

Happy St Davids Day to you too, Miss Daffodil!
I've been having a pretty difficult time recently (don't worry, you don't need to get your violin out just yet!) and I'm not sure if it was the weather when I woke up this morning, or perhaps the promise of Spring in the air but I felt really full of joy.


I felt fortunate and grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life and all the things I have that I take for granted every day.  I know it's all a bit deep for a Thursday morning, but it made me wonder if anyone else woke up feeling like this today?

The Crocus are popping up everywhere!

I took a stroll around Ilkley before work and everyone seemed to have a spring in their step - gentleman tipping their hats and ladies smiling a silent greeting to a stranger...



Pretty Primroses outside the greengrocers

I fully accept that it could be my imagination, but it would be wonderful to think that Spring, with its promise of new life, and a little bit of balmy sunshine after months of Winter darkness really does alter our mood for the better.

Whatever your plan is today, I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment